Sunday, March 04, 2007

I took Josh to get his haircut yesterday. After we checked in and sat down to wait. There came another little boy about 3yrs old that reminded me of Josh before he was diagnosed with Diabetes. Josh picked up a NASCAR race car magazine and was showing me all the HOT CARS! Looking at the little boy and looking at Josh, in taking care of him, I really hadn't noticed how he'd grown up so fast. What was funny, was this little boy would take 4 or 5 steps closer to Josh, and Josh would pretend to play Peek-A-Boo with this little boy! Josh would hide his face in the magazine, and then as the little boy got close Josh would peek out from the magazine and scare him a little. The boy would scream a little happy scream and run back to him Mom laughing. They did this a couple of times until Josh was called to have his hair cut.


Then the woman cutting his hair started to laugh. Everytime she started to clip his hair he'd make some type of funny sound, with a smile, made me laugh a little too. It's just so amazing to feel some comic relief from him. Instead of being a serious boy with a serious problem, he pulls out the laughs and makes his Mom smile not to mention everyone around him!

This story is also over at my personal blog , "Are We There Yet", along with other stories of my other children.

No comments: